The cargo bike rental program exists to be a benefit to the community, and to encourage people to try alternative modes of sustainable transportation. The program provides affordable access to cargo bikes with various booking options.
1. New Hope Community Bikes will NOT be held legally responsible for injury, bodily harm, or death resulting from the use of the cargo bike sharing program. The user agrees that New Hope Community Bikes and its partners, licensors, agents, content providers, service providers, employees, officers, directors or representatives (“Provider Representatives”) shall not have any responsibility or liability in connection with the Service to the subscriber or any other person or entity for any loss or damage whatsoever, incidental, indirect, punitive, exemplary, consequential or special damages (including but not limited to damages for pain and suffering, emotional distress or similar damages, harm to business or reputation, loss of information, loss of profit, loss of revenue or income, loss of salary or other compensation from employment), arising from or in connection with the Service even if the Provider or any Provider Representatives have been advised of the possibility of such damages or loss or if such damage or loss was foreseeable.
2. Sole responsibility for personal safety remains with the user, including the physical and emotional preparation and fitness to utilize the cargo bike vehicle.
3. The user agrees to respect all applicable laws in force at the time the user is making use of the Service (for example, observing traffic lights and signs and refraining from riding on the sidewalk).Users agree to know and abide by the Ontario Highway Traffic act and operate the vehicle in a safe and responsible manner.
4. Users accept that bicycles, like all vehicles require regular maintenance, any malfunctions or damages must be addressed and indicated during the pre-rental check.
5. The user agrees to return the bicycle within the Permitted Period of Continuous Use.
6. The user agrees to return the bicycle at any time upon request by the Provider.
7. Any person aged less than 18 years (a “minor”) may not utilize the Service without express written permission from a legal guardian and completion of a minor waiver.
Damage to Property
1. New Hope Community Bikes retains sole ownership of the cargo bike.
2. The user shall return all bicycles in the same condition they were in at the time they obtained the bicycles, subject to reasonable wear and tear.
3. In the event of an accident and/or incident involving a bicycle, the user has an obligation to report the details of such accident and/or incident to the Provider by calling 1-905-545-1991 within 24 hours following the occurrence thereof.
4. In the event of the disappearance of a bicycle for which the subscriber is responsible, the user has a duty to report the disappearance to the Provider by calling 1-905-545-1991 within 24 hours following the occurrence of the event and has a duty to report the theft to the police department of the City within 48 hours.
5. The user agrees to store the cargo bike safely and utilize the two attached locks at all times. New Hope Community Bikes will retain possession of a second key should the original one be lost. In the case of a lost key, a key replacement fee of $10.00 will be charged to the user.
6. The user agrees to limit the maximum cargo load of the cargo bike to: 200 lbs for the Cargo Trike, 150 lbs for the box bike.
7. Reasonable wear and tear such as flat tires, lose cables, and improper shifting will be repaired by New Hope Community Bikes with no charge to the user. If the user cannot get the bike to the store at 1422 Main St. E. they must call 1-905-545-1991 and arrange mobile repair.
1. A cargo bike may be rented under four different rental models (A, B, C, D) the pricing structure is as follows.
Pick up and drop off must fall within the following hours when New Hope Community Bikes Staff can verify the condition of the cargo bike. Alternative pick up and drop off arrangements may be made at the sole discretion of New Hope Community Bikes management.
Regular Pick-up and Drop off hours:
A. Rental for a one day (24 hour) period - $5.00. Rental exceeding the alloted time frame will be charged an additional daily rate at the discretion of New Hope Community Bikes staff. Rental pickups Saturday PM will include the free use of the cargo bike on Sunday, the bike must be returned Tuesday AM.
B. Rental for one week (7 day) period - $20.00. Rental exceeding the alloted time frame will be charged an additional daily rate at the discretion of New Hope Community Bikes staff.
C. Rental for one month (30 day) period - $60.00. Rental exceeding the alloted time frame will be charged an additional daily rate at the discretion of New Hope Community Bikes staff.
D. Monthly subscription to use the bike for 3 Hour blocks - $20.00. Rental exceeding the alloted time frame will be charged an additional daily rate at the discretion of New Hope Community Bikes staff. Subscribers may book the bike on-line for a maximum of 10 times per week for any 3 hour block.